Monday, July 10, 2006

Yes, that´s a trash truck!

So remember the post about the meeting in which there was a throng of 300 women and a drunken Regidor de Salud in our faces for almost an hour? I guess it turned out ok:

Yes, that´s a trash truck - driving through the main street in Santiago Suchilquitongo. There has been no trash service here for 1.5 years! Now all we need is the slogan. I´ve been suggested "Suchilquitongo, limpia y linda!" Sounds good to me.


The AMIGOS have done something successful...for the time being!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

dude... i haven't heard the word 'uber' in a long time... that's awesome! anyway, congrats on the trash truck :) that'll certainly make your community happy! keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

APOORVA!!! looks like you're having an awesome time down there.. im UBER jealous. it'll take me a while to catch up on all the blogs you posted but from glancing at the pictures... it lookes like fun. congradulations on the trash truck! keep up the good work... we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Apoorva,

Josh here. The blog looks great. Can you e'mail me with the name of that grant giver you told me about, the foundation. My e-mail is jbe at umich.edu

Thanks man. Hasta pronto,

Josh

Anonymous said...

Hi Apoorva! I've enjoyed what I've read in your blog thusfar. I am an Amigos vet myself and my cousin Henry is on your project this summer. It's nice to get a general idea of what y'all are doing!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Apoorva,
You are all cleaned up and neat. I have enjoyed reading your blog and recognize the "essensce of Apoorva" in your writings. Keep it up. Please make sure to touch base with my MAD vol Jeff Norris.

Andy
WFF