Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tallering and shout-outs

I have returned to Suchil after our 1.5 day taller (workshop) in Oaxaca City. It was a blast to see all of the other volunteers and hang out a little. We finally got to go to the Zòcalo and besides from the teacher`s revolution and no poinsettas everything looks pretty similar since I was last there in December.

While at times it felt as if time was passing really slow, after this taller I`ve realized that we`ve got not much more left - only one month! The next weeks are going to be busy as always, and I think we brought back a lot of good ideas from other vols as well.

Coming up in the next few weeks:

  • Finally using a internet cafè for our tech classes
  • Taking digital family portraits for fundraising
  • Amaranth classes w/ women
  • Working w/ older youth on the community-cultural blogs

I also want to send out a special hello to the AMIGOS International Board and staff who came to visit our community today. Hope y`all had a good time here!

Also a big thank you to all of those who have been reading my blog back home. I love getting comments, and it`s so nice to hear your support and kind words! You rock!

With warm regards,

Apoorva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Apoorva,

I am so glad things are going so well for you all down there. I'm living via the updates, keep up the good work --- that mole looked good!!
Suerte!
Rachel