Sunday, July 02, 2006

A little disappointment...

Well you know they say "mo money`, mo`problems," and I guess if that`s true, this community`s gonna have one less problem. Unfortunately, our grant application didn`t get passed on for consideration. Yeah it sucks a little, but it`s a good lesson learned and I don`t think it`s totally our fault. I thought we wrote a pretty damn good proposal.

I am looking forward to the mini-midterm on Thursday. It`ll be nice to see some other Amigos and just chill in the city. It`s been a pretty boring and uneventful weekend otherwise. The Presidential Elections here went pretty chill, and I think the race is still too close to call. I`ve had enough protesting for one summer, so I`ll be very happy if this is over with pretty quickly.

Apparently, the teachers have no plan to stop their strike anytime soon. Kinda screws up our whole use of computer lab in the school plan.

But things will get better, they always do. A good lesson on patience I`ve had this week!

With love,
Apoorva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apoorva! Happy 4th of July!!! Sorry that the grant didn't work out, but I am sure you will have plenty of other wonderful opportunities to do great things with your community this summer. Enjoy and keep the stories coming!

Anonymous said...

sorry about the grant..... with elections going on - it's an interesting time to be in Mexico.

Russ & Ani are at the hotel across from the falls - talk about de ja vu - they were touring the falls today.

I'll never forget that portion of our trip.

keep posting - it's good to hear how your project is going - even when you have bumps in the road - sorry Apoorva -
keep your chin up!