Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Farewell Suchilquitongo...

The last day in Santiago Suchilquitongo - it`s time to bid farewell to my home for the past two months. It`s been a summer of many emotions and many memories. From the morning announcements to the smell of fresh hot chocolate to the marvelous view, you don`t forget things like this anytime soon.

There`s so many people to thank and so many things to say goodbye to, but today is a day just to take it all in and look back. The summer was a success and Project TECHNO made it through it`s guinea pig run. I hope it lives on, for it`s a project with enormous potential.

So many people told me what AMIGOS is like and what to expect, and they were all absolutely right - even when they contradicted each other. But yet, the experience I had no one else will ever have. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this summer through my eyes.

Perhaps one day, I`ll come back here and feel some nostalgia about that summer. The beautiful thing is that here, I have a feeling that things will stay just about the same. Sure the animals will get bigger, people will get older, and modernity will slap this community in the face some more, but something about this place makes me feel like it will always be the Suchil I knew. That`s an awesome thing.

Thank you for being a part of my summer. I will leave you with this view. It says everything I never could.


With love and final greetings from Santiago Suchilquitongo, Oaxaca,

Apoorva

1 comment:

Megan said...

Aww. Congrats on finishing your project-- you are now officially an Amigos vet! Have a safe trip back to the good ole EEUU y te esperamos acá en Chile...